My name is Graham Joseph Penrose. I am an Irish ex-pat living and working in mainland Europe at present. I have a passionate love for liberty and respect for fundamental rights.
In my view the human heart possesses a JUSTIFIED desire for equality. The STRONG must help the WEAK. No man should equate EQUALITY with SERVITUDE or INEQUALITY with FREEDOM.
Having said that I also believe that “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.” ― Thucydides
Currently, I am listed as:
- Top 10 InfoSec Writers
- Top 25 Cyber Security Experts to Follow on Twitter
- No.16 on Top 100 Global Influencers & Brands for Cybersec & Infosec
- IBM Systems Social VIP & Member of the Systems Innovator at IBM Systems
When I am not hiking or travelling I pay the bills by acting as a C-Level advisor, strategist and subject matter expert in the Financial Services, Telecoms, Media, Entertainment, Manufacturing, Security, and Defense sectors.
Some Sample Assignments
Over the last 20 years I have been contracted by, amongst others, The Govt. of the Kingdom of Cambodia / The Govt. of the Republic of Bulgaria / The Govt. of the Republic of Cameroon / The Govt. of Ukraine / The Govt. of Georgia / Kurdistan Regional Government (Iraq) / The Govt. of Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic / China Tobacco CNTC (China) / Channel 4 (UK) / BBC World (UK) / BT Openworld (UK) / Multiple NGOs (Greece, Qatar, Armenia, Algeria, Serbia) / Hewlett Packard A&BS (UK) / IBM Global Business Services (UK) / Vision Consulting (Mexico, Chile, USA) / Speed Investments (UK) / DreamWorks (USA) / T. Rowe Price (UK) / The Street (USA) / Forbes Publications (USA) / Hollinger New Media (UK) / Daily Telegraph (UK) / The Kingfisher Group (UK) / AIB Bank (Ireland) / First Trust (UK) / Allfirst (USA) / Bank of Ireland (Ireland) / Ulster Bank Markets (UK) / Standard Life Bank (UK) / Bancomer SA (Mexico) / Cemex (Chile) / Dresdner Bank (Germany) / Kleinwort Benson Private Bank (UK) / ABB Kraftwerke AG (Germany) / Warner Music Group (USA) / Atlantic Records (USA) / Eagle Star (UK) / PBS (USA) / Marque (Singapore) / Kintex (Bulgaria) / eMaxx Telecom (Cambodia) / Kedge Capital Services (UK) / Oracle (Dubai) / Eir (ireland) / Meteor (Ireland) / Airtricity (UK) / IL & P (Ireland) / Bank of Scotland (UK) / Kaupthing Bank (Iceland) / Singers Asset Finance (UK) / First Investment Bank (Bulgaria) / Volkswagen Bank Gmbh (Germany) / Brit Insurance (UK) / Canadia Bank (Cambodia) / Banamex (Mexico) / Deutsche Bank (Germany) / CAT Fin. Services (USA).
About This Blog
This blog is wide-ranging and discusses many topics that are of interest to me – including but not limited to:
- Cyber Warfare, Cyber Crime, Cryptography, Espionage, Encryption, Blockchain and AI/AR/VR/VRSN;
- Resources relating to and analysis of Equation Group, Shadow Brokers and WikiLeaks Vault 7 dumps;
- Supporting the fight against Mass Surveillance;
- National Security including the Investigatory Powers Bill (UK), the Patriot Act (USA), the NSA and GCHQ, The Five Eyes, The Nine Eyes and The Fourteen Eyes including intrusive surveillance programs and most favoured alphabet agency backdoors and exploits;
- Lobbying for the maintenance of the Right to Privacy as a legitimate expectation in all democracies;
- Supporting the fight against Censorship & providing advocacy for Freedom of Speech, the Right to Practice Religion & the preservation of Civil Liberties;
- Infosec & Cybersec and other core CS topics including AI, Cognition & Machine Learning – with technology, news and events that will be of interest to the private citizen who hold concerns regarding their information security and the protection of their data from unauthorized access from state and non-state actors;
- Blackhat & Whitehat Hacking but also Hacktivism & Cyber Crusading;
- The Environment, Climate Change & Ecology, Random Wisdom and Lifehacks;
- Immigration & the Refugee Crisis in Europe but only in so far as it facilitates radicalism & extremism;
- Radical Islam, Global Jihad & Terrorist Technology (these posts cover the activities of Islamist terrorist groups and state sponsors of Islamic terror including Iran, Saudi Arabia and for the time being Turkey (under Erdogan));
- General developments in the nation of Israel and the nation of Kurdistan;
- Internal and external matters as they relate to Russia;
- Internal and external matters as they relate to China;
- The Global Arms Trade and South & Central American Drug Wars;
- Conflict on the African Continent;
- Photography & Travel & posts about my experiences;
- This blog is also for private citizens who seek to protect their privacy in the belief that in a democracy every law abiding individual is entitled to a private life. The information in this blog is not intended for use for any other purpose than to inform the law abiding citizen of the options available to them to protect their legitimate expectation of privacy.
CAVEAT ON COUNTER & ANTI SURVEILLANCE ADVICE PROVIDED IN THIS BLOG
The implementation of the some of the privacy guides described in this blog are intended for legal use and not to facilitate acts of criminality – some of the techniques are “dual use” for the want of a better description. Not “dual use” in terms of Civilian and Military applications but rather Legal and Illegal uses.
If you are the type of person who feels the need to use the internet to hire a hit-man to shoot your dog, sell poor viagra substitutes or trade bomb making tips with your jihadi buddies then these guides are just as effective for you but that is not my intention.
Know this though if you fall into the latter category you also leave non-digital footprints, the forums which you may intend to visit may be compromised, the breadcrumbs that you will leave will betray you, the incorrect use of the anonymity tools and tips described herein will compromise you. And you will be caught.
Never mind the myriad honeypots and super secret squirrels lurking out there just waiting to nab you …… and in those I trust.
Subscribe to New Posts
To be notified as each post is published please FOLLOW THIS BLOG – over there on the right – yes over there in the right column at the top where it says “FOLLOW BLOG VIA EMAIL”.
No new content, no email for you – ever – and we won’t sell your email details either.
Help Us To Improve
Please feel free to suggest any improvements that we can make to our blog or suggest any relevant subject matter which you would like to see covered in future blog posts: