— My Face Value (@MyFaceValue) December 6, 2016
My Face Value is engaged in positive disruption. Positive disruption is a vital catalyst for change. We are committed to 100% compliance with all of the Rules / Terms & Conditions associated with the buying, selling and swapping of tickets including the complex subset of rules that relate to the transfer and exchange of unused season tickets (rules which vary widely between Leagues and even at the Club level – some of the challenges are clearly described in this page from the Liverpool F.C. website).
My Face Value will be compliant with all of the prevailing legislation with respect to ticket reselling in all of the locations in which we will operate initially. Presently those locations are the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, France, Spain, Italy & Germany.
We will comply with all of the rules of all of the relevant governing bodies and / or associations who issue tickets which are processed in our community or the rules as stipulated by those who are responsible for the issuing of tickets on behalf of others.
Regardless of event type – Football, Cricket, Rugby, Concert, Festival – or geographic location there will be:
- No compliance shortcuts;
- No expedient “interpretations” of rules, regulations or terms & conditions;
- No “let’s take a chance and see” attitude;
- No headlong rush to “go live” & start generating revenues at the expense of compliance;
My Face Value are here for the long run to effect positive change. My Face Value has the patience, expertise & funding to see out the process to its conclusion. The positive disruption activities of My Face Value will and are upsetting the status quo.
My Face Value are challenging cartels & vested interests and barriers will and are being placed in our way. The My Face Value Community Guidelines and Governance will be above reproach in order to prevent the vested interests / cartels / “competitors” from attempting to undermine our core mission – and they will try.
Our Core Mission?
Access to All Events – at Face Value – for True Fans
Our Commitment to Longevity
My Face Value will not “go live” until all of the items on the critical path to ensure 100% compliance with all rules and regulations are complete and signed off by the relevant external interested parties.
With these prerequisites we estimate, at this time, that My Face Value will be in a position to “go live” for ticket BUY / SELL / SWAP functionality on:
Friday, 18th August 2017
This date is subject to change if needed and should an unforeseen delay occur in the compliance time line which is outside of the control of My Face Value.
Using Technology to Ensure Compliance & Eliminate Touting
The My Face Value Tech Team are currently completing the development of the My Face Value platform to support:
- BUY/SELL/SWAP Features – Read about that in a future blog post;
- Counterfeit Detection & Ticket Processing – Read about that in a future blog post;
- Tout Detection – information on how we are preventing touting in the My Face Value community – Read about that in a future blog post;
- Supporting the Grassroots – My Face Value are making our platform available for use by certain Clubs – free of charge – Read about that in a future blog post;
- Completing the technology to support Affiliate Programs, Merchandising Sales, Travel & Accommodation Offers and Sportsbook Betting as incentives and rewards for My Face Value community members.
Getting The Support of The Clubs & Governing Bodies
My Face Value are also engaged in discussions with the Governing Bodies, Leagues and Clubs to clarify certain matters as they relate to ticket resales and ticket processing. My Face Value have developed technology and processes to implement rigorous enforcement and control of what we call “the ‘last’ official buyer will be the only person allowed to gain entry rule” at the turnstiles.
In partnership with the football clubs My Face Value proposes to combat the problem as follows:
- When a ticket is sold or swapped in the My Face Value community we will ultimately be seeking permission from the clubs to allocate a NEW ticket;
- The re-issued My Face Value ticket will be a mirror image of the original ticket with one significant difference – it will contain information unique to the My Face Value purchaser / swapper – namely an embedded photo, watermarking and a bar code;
- In the short term a visual inspection will verify that the person seeking to gain entry is the My Face Value purchaser / swapper;
- In the mid term this visual inspection will be augmented with a process where a scanner (which My Face Value will issue to the Clubs) will ensure with 100% certainty that the person seeking entry is the My Face Value purchaser / swapper and that the ticket is not a forgery;
- In the event that a “tout” or “forgery” is detected at the turnstiles by our scanners then all associated parties with that ticket will be immediately and automatically placed in the “Active Suspended (Pending Appeal)” Good Standing status on the My Face Value platform;
This process is hugely summarised here to avoid writing a 50 page description but this is the essence of our approach.
My Face Value are not an Authorised Ticket Reseller for any league or club at this time. When we “go live” our only role will be to facilitate legal transactions. My Face Value will not sell tickets directly to community members but rather we will act as a facilitator for interactions between genuine fans who wish to BUY, SELL or SWAP tickets with other fans while complying with the My Face Value Community Guidelines.
We know there is a lot of information here and if after reading this post you need any further clarifications or have any questions or have any suggestions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be delighted to engage with you.
The My Face Value Team